Chicken Pieces and Bones
1 Large Spanish Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
2 Stalks Celery
1 Fennel Bulb
1 Bunch Dill
About 2 Tablespoons Chicken Base
1. Start the soup & prepare your ingredients. Place the chicken pieces, bones and 3 cups of water in a large pot; cover and and heat to boiling on high. Wash the veggies. Peel and medium dice the carrots and onion. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Medium dice the celery. Remove the core and medium dice the fennel. Roughly chip the dill.
2. Boil the soup. Add all the veggies (just not the dill) and the chicken base to the pot and continue to heat to boiling, covered. Once the soup boils, uncover and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer about 20 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Skim the soup. As the chicken cooks oil and foam will come to the surface of the pot. As the soup simmers, use a spoon to skim off any foam.
4. Chop the chicken. After about 20 mins, carefully take the chicken out of the pot. When it's just cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and chop or shred it into bite-sized pieces, discarding the skin and bones.
5. Add the noodles. Whole you cup up the chicken, add the noodles to the pot.Simmer about 4 minutes, then add the chicken meat to the pot and cook 1 minute longer. Taste the broth for seasoning. Add some salt and pepper, little by little.
6. Serve and enjoy. Just before serving, add most of the dill to the pot. Garnish each bowl with the remaining dill. Enjoy!
I am down another pound which is okay, I'll take it because we had friends visiting this weekend and I did not diet at all.
Things I am still struggling with:
1. Working out...the weather is horrible here so I haven't really been taking walks outside. I am considering buying a treadmill but I am scared I will make the investment and not use it enough...do any of you own a treadmill?
2. Drinking water...I just can't seem to drink water and I really should be especially since I am nursing! How do you make sure you drink enough water?
I really want to make this fruit ice, I love chewing on ice
and I think these would make a delicious and refreshing treat, don't you?!
2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
TIPS & NOTES
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Per serving:364 calories; 13 g fat ( 3 g sat , 5 g mono ); 93 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 4 g fiber; 477 mg sodium; 547 mg potassium.
Just wanted to give a quick WW update...I didn't get weighed in this past weekend as we were on Nantucket...however, I did weight myself at home and I didn't lose any weight but I didn't gain any...I'll take it because I didn't really diet while we were away!
We had lots of fun celebrating RPB's first "holiday"...Valentine's Day!
She has lots of festive outfits to wear, so we celebrated all week long.
We also captured Reagan's first smile on camera over the weekend,
my heart just melts when she smiles...it's really too cute!
A Little V-Day Love from RPB!
Loved this V-Day Outfit
We captured Reagan's first smile on camera while we were on Nantucket this past weekend!
Anchor Bangles from Bridier Baubles are now on the website!